Since 2000, California law has required each retail food facility to have at least one owner, manager, supervisor or other person certified as a Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) also known as ServSafe® or Food Protection Manager. Our CPFM courses are half-day programs followed by an 80 multiple choice examination. Please view our online schedule for dates, times, and locations.
The exam and certificate are ANSI/ASTM Accredited and approved nationally and by all California counties. Certification is good for five (5) years in California. If you have a Certified Professional Food Manager Certificate you do not need a Food Handler Card.VIEW SCHEDULE REGISTER HERE En Español
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost?
- Do you offer discounts?
- Where and when are your courses?
- I am in a big hurry, can you help?
- What if I lost or misplaced my certificate?
- What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
- What’s included in the price for the course and exam?
- Can I get the directions to the courses?
- How do I register online for a course?
- How do I register and pay by check for a course?
- How do I register and pay cash for a course?
- What payment types are accepted?
- What if I only want to take the exam?
- Can the examination be taken online, for example, on my home computer?
- Do you conduct private group training and exams?
- Can I study at home and take an exam by appointment?
- What if I fail the exam?
- Who is responsible for paying for the course and the exam?
- Do you offer a course or study book?
- What language is the course and exam?
- What types of questions are on the exam?
- Do you offer online training?
- Where can I view all the policies?
- What if I require special accommodations?
- When will I receive my certificate?
- What is the difference between NRFSP, ServSafe®, Prometric and Experior exams?
- What’s the difference between a Food Safety Manager Certificate and a Food Handler Card?